Keep Your Baby Safe from Toxic Chemicals
All of us and our children are regularly exposed to low levels of myriad chemicals daily. If you are concerned about your baby's exposure to BPA and other chemicals, here are a few tips on things that you can do :
- Breastfeed your baby - this one step will help you avoid chemicals in bottles.
- If you bottle-feed your baby, avoid plastic bottles and choose bottles made of glass or stainless steel.
- If you choose to use plastic bottles, for safe cleaning, use a nonabrasive sponge or bottle brush, scrub with warm, soapy water, and rinse well.
- To warm a plastic bottle with formula or breast milk, place it in a bowl of warm water or run it under warm water.
- Get rid of baby bottles and sippy cups that turn cloudy or are scratched or cracked. Worn bottles may leach chemicals more easily.
***The below article is adapted and modified from the original article by Baby Centre (https://www.babycenter.com/0_are-plastic-baby-bottles-safe_14387.bc)